The Graveyard

The Graveyard
The final resting place for old Loco's and shunts

Saturday 4 May 2013

Return of the Stranger

Well now, it has been too long since any progress report has been made on any project I've been doing. So here I 'll try and bring you guys up to speed.

 I have recently moved from Auckland to Wellington with my Fiance, Originally we moved because of a change in career for myself, yes that's right, after 10 years of work as a boat builder I left the company that had still decided not to invest in me. The change was to become a Roofer, sitting an apprenticeship that would've been 2 years......Problem. When I moved here ( Wellington ) the Company doing the apprenticeships, had decided not to have a host company sorted out for me, and really looked like they weren't trying to hard to start finding one.

The Result? Well I picked up some Temporary work doing bits and bobs, and have now been doing temporary work for Kiwi Rail as a Spray Painter at their Hutt Valley workshop. Super Fun and super busy.

So enough of the background, what of the projects? The surfboard has been put on hold for the time being, although there is still an update on the last time I showed it off. Why on hold? Only due to the fact of leaving my old company and moving, but it will be finished, if it's the last thing I do.

After putting the board aside, I still managed to end up finding a few other projects to carry on with. Most of it has been doing up old drawers, although the latest one is an old Raleigh Bicycle from the late 70's for Nicole my Partner.

But first, I shall bring you the most up to date post on the board.

No comments:

Post a Comment